Pages

Friday, February 23, 2018

Ink Lifting

Hi Everybody,

I owe a lot of people cards.  I am making them now for friends whom I did not get to send a Christmas card to and ones I received a sweet card from after first of year.  





I made an Oxide Ink background, sponging a couple colors over Bristol Smooth paper and splattering water drops.  Next I stamped this beautiful rose stamp from Gina K Designs called, Rose Bouquet, embossing with clear embossing powder.  I used my waterbrush to lift a little bit of the ink and then went over the entire stamp with Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Pen.  To lift the ink, you simply take your waterbrush and go over the parts you want to lift ink from and then dab with a paper towel. Now I have subtle shine against that matte background.  I stamped the Hello sentiment with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and embossed with clear powder, this comes from same set.  

I could've left it as is but I never feel like I have enough on a card so I stamped the butterfly from Gina K Designs Heartfelt Hydrangeas stamp set, stamping with Versafine Onyx Black and embossing with clear.

To finish it off, I just added a few clear sequins. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a great day!



Regina

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the cards they are beautiful.

Verna Angerhofer said...

A lovely card design.

Jean said...

So pretty!