Pages

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

You Are Amazing

Hi Everybody,

Wow, I didn't realize it has been so long since I posted.  I have been having severe knee pain since about last September.  I started getting the different injections such as cortisone, gel injections, etc., and nothing worked.  I have to get a double knee replacement!!!  I was in shock, both knees bone on bone.  First surgery is in April.  I just haven't felt like being creative but I'm really trying hard to make a card once every day or so to keep my mojo up. :) 

The card I made today is from Gina K. Designs called You Are.  I have to admit, I'm not very good at figuring out the best ways to use piece parts in a stamp set.  I usually shy away from the ones that will build a scene or add to a wreath like with this one I used today but I am trying to take a leap out of my comfort zone this year.  I can honestly say I had a lot of fun with this.  I can see lots of possibilities!  




I made a background using Oxide Inks in Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral and Candied Apple.  I really do love this color combination.  Next I stamped the wreath with Versafine Onyx Black Ink and stamped a few additional pieces having no clue what I was doing.  At the end of this post I will provide a link to ideas on how to use this set on the illustrator's blog. 

I used Zig Realbrush Markers in the same colors as my background and used the Clear Nuvo Drops on top to add a little shine for a separation from the matte background. I used Brutus Monroe Alabaster Embossing Powder for the sentiment.  I didn't plan very well as there wasn't enough space at the bottom for the sentiment I wanted to use.  I used tape on two of the stamps to mask the words I didn't want to use.  

To finish off, I used clear sequins from The Ton Stamps and added Pale Gold Nuvo Drops on the berries. 

Here's a link to Lisa Hetrick's blog, illustrator for Gina K Designs.  You will find ideas on how to use this set and cut files as well.   HERE'S the link.... 

I hope I inspired you to take the plunge out of your comfort zone and try something new.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

1 comment: