Pages

Saturday, July 14, 2018

Thanks a Latte Shaker Card - TupeloDesignsLLC DT Project

Hi Everybody,

It's Saturday!  I am guest designing this month posting on Saturday's for TupeloDesignLLC.  I hope y'all aren't tired of seeing shaker cards but if you know me, you know when I learn something new or try something different, I get excited and post about 10 times on it.  This is the last one I promise. 

I made a coffee cup (can also be a tea cup) shaped shaker card using a Jillibean Soup stamp and die set called Latte Love and also the coordinating shaker cards with envelopes.  The shaped coffee cup PVC window fits perfectly into the cards. I had a lot of fun with this set!  The only thing that I did not do is cut out some flowers with the dies. I'll do that soon because I just got a Sizzix Sidekick so that would be perfect to use for this!



The first thing I did was take a piece of Strathmore watercolor paper and sponged Oxide Inks on it, blending well. I used Broken China, Peacock Feathers, Mermaid Lagoon, Faded Jeans and Wilted Violet. I spritzed water into my hand and sprinkled it on the watercolor paper and after a few seconds, dabbed the water off with a paper towel.  

Next, I embossed some of the stamps and a sentiment on the card using my Misti.  I used Hero Arts white embossing powder so that it would show up well. 

I sponged a few different pieces of watercolor paper and chose another one for the inside of the card.  I used all of the colors on this one except for the Wilted Violet.  I also sprinkled water from my hand onto the paper. 

Next you place the coffee cup shaker window in the slot, fill it with whatever you'd like, such as sequins, beads, confetti, etc., and tear off the backing of the shaker window.  I used some from both of these packs... they're SO much prettier in person, Sequin Pack Watercolor and Sequin Pack Birthday.  Close the card together and firmly press together.  I had cut out the coffee cup shape with the die in the stamp set so I used the piece of the watercolor paper from the die shaped like the coffee cup in the back of my window.  You don't have to do this. So now you can see some of the purple color from the front to tie them in together. 

I used a metallic silver pen and drew steam coming out of the cup.  I feel like I can't draw very good at all but I like how this looks. :)  I drew it and just thickened it up some.

The final thing I did was use a Die-Namics set from My Favorite Things called, Words for Friends.  I cut it out using a thick white cardstock and fun foam.  I wanted it to have some dimension.  I sponged the Wilted Violet Oxide Ink that I used on the front of the card on almost all of the letters, leaving some white at the top.  Next, I took used embossing ink and went over all the letters with it and sprinkled sparkly embossing powder over it.  I saw this done a while ago on a Jennifer McGuire video and I love making letters/words look this way.  So fun!



Did I inspire you to try a shaped shaker window?  A couple of previous posts showed me using a chipboard star shaker window and a balloon shaker window. The balloon one was fun because I made a coordinating tag, gift bag and card.  The tag had the shaker window on it. 

TupeloDesignsLLC offers free shipping with no minimum purchase. 

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!



Regina





1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cute shaker card using the cup design.