Pages

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Jennifer McGuire's Tulle Window Shaker Card for Mother's Day

Hi Everybody,

It's time to make Mother's Day cards and when I saw Jennifer McGuire's video on Tulle Shaker Cards, I knew I wanted to try it.  They are so fun to make.  You would think the tulle wouldn't be strong enough to hold the sequins but there is a double layer and it does.  Here's my card....  at first I thought I messed up by stamping the sentiment instead of embossing it but the more I looked at it, I think it wouldn't stand out as much if embossed in white, gold, etc.  There is a nice contrast between the kraft card stock and the beautiful colors of the flowers and sequins and in the sentiment.






This was my first attempt.  I really love the die that Jennifer McGuire used but I don't have that one and of course, it's sold out because everyone wanted it after watching her video, so I used something similar.  I love how you can see through the tulle to the inside of the card too.

Supply List:


  • Gina K Designs Kraft Card Stock, the lighter color is from Close To My Heart, not sure of the name
  • Altenew Botanical Garden Stamp Set (flowers), some of the leaves are from Casual Friday Stamps, Pretty Posies
  • Inside Sentiment, Heartfelt Expressions Stamp Set by Heartfelt Creations
  • Front Sentiment by I Brake For Stamps
  • Memento Expresso Truffle Ink
  • Spellbinders Big Scallop Circles Large ( I used the 3rd one down from the largest)
  • White Tulle (it doesn't matter where you buy it, mine is cheap from Joann's)
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks in Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral, and Fossilized Amber
  • WOW White Embossing Powder
  • Pearlized Spritz made with Perfect Pearls and Water
  • Scor-Tape 1/4"
  • Sequins, Kat Scappiness White Butterfly Confetti, Spring Heart Confetti, 6mm and 8mm Clear Hearts and I used a pack of yellow and pink ones from Virginia Turtle
I would explain how to make this but Jennifer's link is above and she of course, can do it much better than I can.

I'm going to play around with recording videos and starting a YouTube channel if I can pull it off without sounding ridiculous so I will let you know if this happens.  I love to do tutorials on my blog and post step by step pictures but it's much easier to show you so I hope I can do videos in the near future.  Videos are much more fun to watch anyway!

I hope I inspired you to make a tulle window card.  It's really not hard.  

Thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card and love that it is a shaker.