Pages

Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Just The Two Of Us

Hi Everybody,

Today I'm on Strawberry Jude Stamps blog.  I'm very excited to be a guest designer this month for them.  The stamp set I used is called Fishing With Moose and Hedgehog and is so adorable and perfect for a masculine card.  I am going to give the card I am posting today to my husband for his birthday this month. It can also be great for a Valentine's Day card as well. 

HERE IS A LINK to Strawberry Jude Stamps online store and HERE IS A LINK to the stamp set I am using today. There is also a super cute dragon stamp set available in the new release called, Dragons and Jewels and HERE IS A LINK to that stamp set. 


This is what the stamp set looks like that I used...




I really had a lot of fun with this one.  I made a scene using the moose and hedgehog in the hammocks, the 2 trees and the sentiment, just the two of us. 




I used Bristol Smooth paper and began by sponging a light layer of Memento Summer Sky, which is a perfect light blue color for this.  Next I wanted to add some texture with clouds so I used a couple of older Spellbinders Scalloped Oval Dies in two different sizes.  I sponged right around the edge of the die positioning it different ways and I used Gina K Designs Powder Blue ink.  

I used Gamsai Tambi watercolor paints and simply painted a strip of grass across the bottom and then I used a Zig Real Brush Marker to flick blades of grass on top.  I also used these watercolor paints to color in  he trees and hammocks and Zig Markers to color the animals.  

The hearts were cut out of Gina K Designs kraft card stock using Poppy Stamps Heart Frames dies and the sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink and embossed with Hero Arts white embossing powder. 

I hope you'll check out the Strawberry Jude Stamps online store for the two new release stamps as well as all of the other clear polymer stamps.  I am really impressed with the quality of these stamps. This was my first time using their stamps and I highly recommend them.  

I hope I inspired you to try building a scene around your stamps.  It's very easy and fun to see each part come together. It's just another way to enhance your stamps. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

1 comment:

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a cute and fun card. I am sure your hubby will love it.