Pages

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Easy Christmas Card and Bag Toppers Using Foil

Hi Everybody,

A couple of posts ago, I showed how to make simple bag toppers for candy.  I am hooked on these!  I took some to my dentist office a few days ago with a card and they loved getting these.  This time I used foil which makes them even more fun to make.  Who doesn't like shiny??

I made this card using the Gina K Designs Foil Mates Backgrounds in Ornamental Holiday and Gina K Designs Foil Mates Sentiments in Holiday Cheer. I used the Thermoweb Decofoil Transfer Sheets and the Gina K Designs Fancy Foils.  I also used these to make the bag toppers.  I made these a little wider so that the tag would fit.  They are appr. 4-1/2" wide x 4-3/4" tall and scored at 2-3/8".  If you would like to see the original post about bag toppers, HERE IS A LINK to that post.

I used Fancy Foils in Radiant Red for this Background (link above for the background)
I used Silver Deco Foil Transfer Sheets for the Sentiment (link above for the sentiment)
I cut out an oval stitched die a little larger than the sentiment and foiled it in the silver. 










I just added the silver and red metallic twine sticking out from behind the tag on the card.  The cardstock layer on the bottom is Gina K Designs Red Velvet.  I love this red color for Christmas and Valentines cards. 

For the bag toppers I used a mix such as Deco Foil Transfer Sheets in Magenta (Love this color!), Fancy Foil in Sparkling Silver, Deco Foil Transfer Sheets in Ocean Blue, the background in Large Snowflakes from Gina K Designs, and I don't know the name of the second one with the ornaments on it but I don't think she sells this one any longer.  


Next week, I'll take these to my doctor's office to give to my doctor and his nurse.  It's just a little way of saying I appreciate you.  Everyone in the family will get one along with their gifts. These are great to take to teachers, kids in class, neighbors, etc.  

I hope I inspired you to use foil this year on your cards and try these fun bag toppers. Who said Christmas needs to just be red and green.  Try something different such as the magneta, ocean blue, etc. It's so much fun!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!


Regina

2 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love them. They are so beautiful.

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

Candy to the dentist office--hmmm job security?? But they know how to brush and floss!